HTC Rezound announced for Verizon, full specs, price, and release date
HTC has announced its next Verizon Wireless SmartPhone. The HTC Rezound, it will feature Beats Audio, HTC Sense, and will work on Verizon’s 4G LTE, lightning fast network.
The new smartphone will feature an amazing camera, that has an 8-megapixel sensor with an aperture of f2.2, perfect for sharper pictures and low light situations. The Rezound will also record video in 1080p and if thats not enough, it will also record your high-def video in slow motion if you want. Up front, there will be a 2-megapixel camera for all your video chat needs.
HTC has also teamed up with Beats Audio, to be the first US smartphone to include Beats Audio technology. This new software is integrated into the mobile device and will allow you to “hear music the way the artist intended with unique audio tuning by Beats that delivers thundering bass, soaring midrange and crisp highs.” The HTC Rezound will also include Beats by Dre headphones that are “created” exclusively for the device, so you can enjoy the Beats Audio technology. The earphones feature a microphone to talk and a remote so you can answer, pause, rewind and fast forward your music, while on the go.
Here is the HTC Rezound, full specs and feature list:
- Studio crisp sound exclusively with Beats Audio™ technology
- The 8MP camera and 1080p video captures perfect pictures every time
- The 4.3-inch HD 720p screen offers revolutionary pixel density
- Carries the latest in HTC Sense innovations
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM8660, 1.5 GHz, Qualcomm MDM9600
- OS: Android Gingerbread w/HTC Sense
- Memory: 1 GB DDR2 RAM, 16 GB memory, 16 GB microSD
- Dimensions: 5.1” x 2.6” x .54” (LxWxT)
- 4.3” (diagonal) super LCD WVGA (1280x720)
- Display: HD 720p
- Battery: 1620mAh LiIon
- Connectivity: HDMI, Bluetooth 3.0 + Headset, WiFi®: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
- Sensors / Charging: G - sensor, Light sensor, Compass, Proximity sensor, MicroUSB, USIM/CSIM/ISIM, audio jack, Wireless Charging
- Camera: 8.0 megapixel camera with auto focus, /2.2, 28mm wide angle lens, 2 x LED flash, 2 megapixel front camera, 1080p video recorder
As you can see above the Rezound will ship with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, but HTC has announced they will upgrade to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, as soon as they can. The HTC Rezound will be available only through Verizon Wireless. You will be able to pick one up at Best Buy and Verizon stores on November 14, for $299.99.
What do you think about the Beats Audio feature? Is it just a gimmick? Is audio quality important to you on a mobile phone? Will the Beats Audio feature make you want to put this phone on your wish-list? Let us know your thoughts on the HTC Rezound down below.
Update: The DROID Razr is out, You can visit Verizon Wireless to check it out.